Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Friday, October 07, 2016

National Poetry Day 2016: BBC Local Poets

Yesterday was the second busiest day of the year for poets (the first is, of course, Valentine's Day). I played my own small part, by being a wee cog in the wonderful Local Poets project that the BBC organised for the day. 40 poets matched to their respect BBC local radio station gave voice to an object that represented the area.

You can hear my tribute to London's Underground map, and I was on BBC Radio London in the evening talking about it (from 2h 51m).

I also popped up on BBC Asian Network to read another poem (from 2h 46m).

And you can hear all the other local poems here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home